Ho Ho Ho Christmas Card
If you want a card that's simple and elegant, then this is the one. There isn't much decorating going on, but it really looks chic. You will need: green and dark green construction paper, red and green felt fabric, star sticker, gold thin thread and printed out "Ho Ho Ho!" strip of paper.
Decorating Tools: scissors, pencil, needle, glue stick.
1. Get 9.5" by 7.5" dark green construction paper and fold it in half. Now you have a 4.75" by 7.5" card. Make the two edges face to your right. Cut out a 3.5" by 5.5" piece of light green construction paper and glue it in the center of the card.
2. Take green felt fabric and cut out a 4.5" by 3" piece. Glue it to the bottom of the card .5" away from the card's bottom edge. Take a white drawing pencil and draw small swirls on the dark green construction paper (see picture). The swirls will give the card some pattern.
3. Draw a simple Christmas tree with pencil or marker on top of red felt fabric. The tree should be about 4.5" tall and 3.5" wide. Cut out the tree shape and glue it to the card so that the tree top is aligned with light green construction paper.
4. Take a green star sticker and glue it to the top of the Christmas tree. It should be about .5". If you don't have a star sticker, cut out a simple star out of green construction paper or green fabric. The star can also be gold, silver, yellow, red or white.
5. Take a pencil and draw small dots where the needle holes will be. Draw them on the light green construction paper. The holes go on both sides of the tree half an inch apart. Put a thin gold ribbon through a needle and make a knot at the end of the thread. Sew gold lines across the tree that go from one side to the other (see picture). Tie a small knot on the inside of the card when done sewing.
6. Print out a 3" by .75" Ho Ho Ho! sign with red background and white letters. Center the sign on the bottom of the card between the tree and the bottom edge. Glue it down.
To make a simpler version of this card, skip fabric and replace it with construction paper. Decorating is up to you. Use anything from glitter to small ribbons or buttons and have fun with it.