Christmas Trees In The Snow Card
This handmade Christmas tree card is pretty simple with a 3D effect. The cotton balls serve as a nice embellishment and give an impression of snow. To make it you will need: white construction paper, white or ivory patterned paper, red or green thin ribbon, tree patterned wrapping paper, cotton balls and glitter glue pen.
Decorating Tools: scissors, glue stick.
1. Get 11" by 8.5" piece of white construction paper and fold it in half. Now you have 8.5" by 5.5" card. Make the edges face you. Cut out 8.5" by 5.5" piece of white or ivory patterned paper and glue it on top of the card.
2. Take a red or green ribbon about .5" wide. Glue strips of it to the card leaving .25" of space between the ribbon and the card edge.
3. Choose wrapping paper that has decent size Christmas trees on it and cut out three of them. The trees should be about 3" tall. Center the trees in the middle of the card and glue them down. Make sure they fit within the ribbon box.
4. Take small cotton balls and glue three balls to each tree with glue stick. Put the cotton balls on top, middle and bottom of each tree. If you don't have cotton balls, take the cotton from a Q-tip and make a ball out of it by rolling it between your fingers.
5. Put small glitter dots around the trees to make it look like snow. The colors can be silver, gold or iridescent. Make them using glitter glue pen. Let the glitter glue dry.
This card can be also made using just green construction paper for the trees. In place of cotton balls, decorate it with buttons or stickers.