Two Snowmen Christmas Card
Make this cute snowmen card for the younger members of your family. Decorate it with glitter to add some sparkle. You will need: blue and white construction paper, shiny decorating ribbon, thin red and green ribbon, and gold and iridescent glitter glue pen.
Decorating Tools: scissors, pencil, glue stick.
1. Get 8" by 9" blue construction paper and fold it in half. Now you have a 4" by 9" card. Make the two edges face to your right.
2. Get a shiny gold or silver ribbon .5" wide. Cut two pieces 9" long and two pieces 4" long. Glue the longer pieces to the card leaving 1/8" space between the ribbon and the card's edge. Glue two shorter ribbons to the card on top of the longer pieces leaving 1/8" space between the ribbon and the card's edge.
3. Take white construction paper and draw two simple snowmen. Their shape looks like three circles put together (see picture). The size of the snowmen should be about 3' by 1.5". Cut the snowmen out. Glue one snowman on top of the card more towards left, and second snowman on the bottom of the card more towards right.
4. Get a red and green pieces of ribbon .5" wide. Cut two pieces of each 4.25" tall. Fold each ribbon so that you have 2" and 2.25" tails. Glue green ribbon tails to each other in the middle, where they overlap. Glue red ribbon tails to each other in the middle, where they overlap. Glue the green ribbon to the top snowman tails facing right, and the red ribbon to the bottom snowman tails facing left.
5. With a gold glitter glue pen draw snowmen's eyes, a dash for a nose and three buttons. Make the top snowman face left and the bottom snowman face right. Take an iridescent or white glitter glue pen and draw dots on the empty areas of the card to make it look like snow. Let the glitter dry.
A simpler version of this card is using construction paper instead of ribbons. Replace shiny decorating ribbon with white construction paper, and red and green ribbon with red and green paper. Decorate it with bows, buttons, rhinestones, sequins or glitter.