Two Christmas Stockings Card
This Merry Christmas card is one of a kind. It has all the best decorating elements - texture, dimension and individuality. To make it you will need: green and red construction paper, white pencil, a piece of twine, gold strings, stockings patterned wrapping paper, gold glitter glue pen and printed out "Merry Christmas" strip of paper.
Decorating Tools: scissors, glue stick, hole punch.
1. Get 12" by 5.5" piece of green construction paper and fold it so that one side is 1.5" shorter than the other. Make the two edges face you. Take a white pencil and draw small swirls or snowflakes on top of the card. This will give you a nice simple pattern.
2. Take a red piece of construction paper 6.75" by 5.5" and glue it to the side of the card that sticks out. Now when the card is closed, the bottom 1.5" that belongs to the inside of the card will be red.
3. Now cut out a 4.5" by 1" piece of red construction paper. With a hole punch make two holes at each end of the red piece.
4. Take stockings patterned wrapping paper and cut out two stockings. They should be about 2" by 2". Make a hole at the top of each stocking. Get a thin gold string and cut one piece 4.5" long and another 3" long. Put each string through each stocking and tie a small knot at the ends.
5. Take a piece of twine 7" long. Put the twine first through a hole in the red construction paper, then through the longer stocking, through the shorter stocking and lastly through the second hole in the red construction paper. Glue the red strip of paper .5" away from the top of the card. Make knots at each end of the twine. Let the twine hang off the card about .25" and trim the rest off. Position the hanging stockings in the center of the card and glue them in place when you like the arrangement.
6. Print out a 3.5" by .5" Merry Christmas strip of paper. The background is ivory and the letters are red. Center it on the red bottom part of the card and glue the strip down. Take gold glitter glue pen and outline the printed strip with it. Let the glitter dry.
The simple version of this card can be made by just cutting out the stockings and arranging them on the card. Decorate the card with drawn snowflakes and glitter glue.