Merry Christmas and Ornaments Card
Give this beautiful Merry Christmas card to a special person along with your gift. To make it you will need: red construction paper, gold ribbon and strings, ornament patterned wrapping paper, printed out "Christmas" strip of paper and printed out circles with letters MERRY.
Decorating Tools: scissors, glue stick, scotch tape, hole punch.
1. Get 8.5" by 8" piece of red construction paper and fold it in half. Now you have 8" by 4.25" card. Make the two edges face you. Cut an 8" strip of gold ribbon and glue it 1" away from the top of the card. The ribbon should be about 1" wide.
2. Cut out five ornaments out of wrapping paper. Each ornament should be about 2" by 1.5". Using hole punch make a small hole at the very top of each ornament.
3. Print out five circles with letters M E R R Y on each. Each circle should be .5" to .75" in diameter. The letters are white and the circle is red. Glue each circle to the center of each ornament.
4. Cut five pieces of thin gold string 3" long. Put the string through the hole in the ornament and tie a knot at the ends. Lay out the ornaments on top of the card so that they spell out the word MERRY. Center the ornaments on top of the gold ribbon and glue them in place. Tape the hanging string edges to the back of the card.
5. Cut two pieces of gold ribbon 3" long. Center the two ribbons at the bottom of the card and glue in place. Print out a 2.75" by 1" Christmas sign with red background and white letters. Glue it in the center of the two gold ribbons.
To make a simple version of this card, decorate it using a strip of wrapping paper with ornaments. Ribbons add a great texture to the card, but you can also embellish it with gold glitter or just put a piece of white or green construction paper instead of gold.