Seashell Angel Ornament
This handmade seashell angel is an elegant addition to any decorated tree. To make it you will need: one scallop seashell, white fabric, white cord, one big jewel and gold or silver ribbon.
Decorating Tools: scissors, glue gun.
1. Take a white piece of fabric like felt or lace. Cut out a 4.75" by 4" rectangle. On the 4" side, trim the edges so that they become scallop edges. Make six or seven curvy loops. Gather up the fabric in the middle and tie with regular white thread. These are angel's wings. They should look like a pretty bow.
2. Get a scallop seashell at least 2" by 2". Make the seashell face you. Using glue gun put a row of glue on the very top edge of the shell. Glue the fabric bow on top of the seashell.
3. Get a large jewel, aquarium decorating gemstone, pearl or decorative button. The jewel should be about .5" to .75" in diameter. Center the jewel in the middle of the bow and glue it down using glue gun.
4. Take a .5" wide gold or silver ribbon. Cut a piece of ribbon 7" long. Make a small bow and tie it in the center with a regular thread. Center the bow right under the jewel and glue it down.
5. Take a piece of white cord or yarn 9" long. Flip the seashell over and glue both ends of the cord to the inside of the shell. Now your beautiful seashell angel is complete.