Buttoned Wreath Ornament
Decorate your tree with this shiny handmade ornament. To make it you will need: different size buttons, cardboard, gold paint, red ribbon, and glitter glue pens.
Decorating Tools: drawing compass, scissors, glue gun, paint and brush.
1. Take a piece of cardboard any color. With a drawing compass draw two circles on the cardboard. The circles are 3" and 1.75" in diameter and should have the same center (see picture). Cut out the wreath shape that you drew. You can also cut the circles out by using the template. Just print the template out, put it against cardboard and cut out the shape.
2. Take about 30 buttons of different sizes. The buttons can be in any colors, because they will be painted later. Get the glue gun ready by letting it heat up for five minutes. Pick out the biggest buttons first and glue them onto the wreath. Then take medium size buttons and glue those on top of the big buttons. Lastly take the smallest buttons and glue them on top of the big and medium buttons (see picture).
3. Get gold acrylic paint and a thin brush. Paint the buttons with two coats of paint or until they are fully covered. Let the paint dry.
4. Take a .25" wide red ribbon and cut a piece 9" long. Fold the ribbon in half. Glue the two ends to the other side of the wreath.
5. Take white, gold and red glitter glue pens and put glitter circles on top of some small buttons. I spread the glitter colors out so that they all go in circle. There are six red circles, six gold ones and five white ones in the middle (see picture).