Personalized Doggy Stocking
Make a handmade stocking for your pet this holiday. Personalize the stocking with your pet's name. To make this stocking you will need: white and red felt fabric, white embroidery thread, gold decorating ribbon, and gold glitter glue pen.
Decorating Tools: scissors, pencil, sewing needle, craft glue.
1. Print out the doggy stocking template and cut it out. Take the template and put it on top of white felt fabric. With a pencil, trace the contours of the template on fabric. Cut out one side of stocking out of fabric. Repeat the process, so that you have two sides of felt stocking.
2. Thread a needle with white embroidery thread. Start sewing the stocking together starting at the top. Go around sewing the stocking, but remember to leave the top opened. Take the needle out and cut the hanging thread end.
3. Take the doggy bone template and cut it out. Put the template on top of red felt and trace it with a pencil. Cut out the fabric bone. Get a gold holiday ribbon 2" wide. Cut a piece of ribbon 8.25" wide. You can also use gold fabric instead of ribbon. Wrap the ribbon around the outside of the stocking's top (see picture). Make sure that you can't see white stocking at the top of the ribbon. Glue the ribbon to the outside of the stocking using craft glue. Just don't glue the opening shut. Now center the felt bone on top of the ribbon and glue it down. Let the glue dry.
4. Take the doggy paw print template and cut it out. Put the template pieces on top of red felt and trace the shapes with a pencil. Cut out all felt shapes. Lay out the pawn print pieces on the lower part of the stocking (see picture). When you like the layout, glue them down using craft glue. Let the glue dry.
5. Cut out a piece of white felt 6" by .75". Fold the felt piece in half and tuck it into the left side of the stocking (see picture). The two hanging edges should be .5" inside the stocking. Glue each end of felt piece to each side of the stocking. Let the glue dry. You have created a hook for the stocking.
6. Take a gold glitter glue pen and trace the outline of the bone with it. If your dog's name is short, write it with glitter across the bone. If the name is long, use thin marker to fill in the name. Also, outline the doggy paw print with glitter glue pen. Let the glitter dry.