Ribbons And Hearts Card
If you want to have a very creative experience, make this ribbons and hearts card. It has lots of pattern and some dimension. To make it you will need: white construction paper, pink, light pink and gold ribbons, a small piece of pink fabric, and pink and iridescent glitter glue pens.
Decorating Tools: scissors, pencil, craft glue, pen.
1. Take an 8" by 8.5" piece of white construction paper. Fold it in half. Now you have a 4" by 8.5" card. Make the card edges face to your right.
2. Gather pink, light pink and gold ribbons of different widths. I used .25", .75", 1" and 1.5" ribbons. You can even use fabric and just cut it into strips. Lay out the ribbons on the card. Play around with the layout until you like how it came out (see picture for example). Some of my ribbons overlap for a more dimensional effect. Leave a good amount of space on top of the card for greeting. Use craft glue and glue the ribbons on top of the card. Let the glue dry. Trim off ribbons' ends along the card's edges.
3. Take pink fabric and turn it right side down. Draw two hearts 1.75" by 1.5". Cut the hearts out. Turn the hearts right side up and lay them out on top of the ribbons at the top of the card. Make sure you leave space at the top of the card for greeting. When you are happy with the positioning of the hearts, glue them down. If you don't have fabric, use wide ribbon or construction paper for the hearts.
4. Take a pink pen or marker and write a greeting at the top of the card. I wrote Be My Valentine, but you can also write To My Love, I Love You, or Be Mine.
5. Now take pink and iridescent glitter glue pens. Draw hearts in the middle of fabric hearts, dots, stripes or other hearts in between ribbons, on top of ribbons and on the card itself. Have fun decorating!
There are many ways to make this card. You can use whatever materials you have laying around. If you want this card to look more like it was bought in the store, print out your greeting and glue it to the top of the card.