Flower Hearts Card
Give the flower hearts card to your loved one this Valentine's Day to remind them of spring romance. To make it you will need: white, pink and orange construction paper, thin pink or green ribbon, iridescent glitter glue pen, and three silver jewels.
Decorating Tools: hole punch, scissors, glue stick, craft glue.
1. Print out the hearts template. Cut out 4 or 5 pink hearts, light pink hearts and orange hearts. Slightly fold the hearts in half to add dimension. Using hole punch, make a small hole at the bottom of each heart (see picture). If you don't want to use the template, you can draw the hearts yourself. The pink ones are 1.5" by 1.5", and the orange ones are 1.25" by 1.25".
2. Now let’s make flowers out of these hearts. Take all 4 or 5 pink hearts with the hole at the bottom. Cut a 6" piece of pink or green ribbon. The ribbon should be .25" wide or thinner. Make a double knot at one end of the ribbon. Put all the hearts through the ribbon, so that the knot becomes the flower's center (see picture). When all 4 or 5 hearts are put through the ribbon, make another double knot at the other side of the flower. This way the petals should stay in place and not spin around. Repeat this process of making a flower with the light pink and orange hearts.
3. Take 11" by 8.5" piece of white construction paper and fold it in half. Now you have a 5.5" by 8.5" card. Make the two edges face to your right. Take pink, light pink and orange construction paper. Cut it in .25"strips or smaller. The smaller the strips, the more elegant the card will look. Make about 10 to 12 strips. Using glue stick, glue the strips to the card. I glued the strips in miscellaneous order, but you can keep some sort of order, like pink, light pink, orange, pink. The spacing between the strips does not have to be perfect, just use your judgement. If the edges of strips are hanging off the card, trim them off.
4. Take the heart flowers that you made earlier and arrange them on the card. I put the smallest one on top and two pink ones at the center and bottom of the card. Make sure you like your arrangement. Glue the flowers to the card using craft glue. Put craft glue on the stems (ribbons), and glue them in between construction paper strips (see picture). Trim off the excess edges. Let the glue dry.
5. Take three silver .25" jewels. Glue them to the centers of the flowers using craft glue. Now take iridescent glitter glue pen and make stripes in between the construction paper strips. This will add a bit of sparkle to the card.
If this card seems too complicated to make, create your own version. Replace the heart flowers with just simple cut out flowers and glue those straight to the cards surface. Use glitter instead of jewels or decorate with buttons.